Bedtime Mode for a Peaceful Night’s Sleep
Bedtime mode or Sleep is a handy feature that mutes calls, texts, and notifications to help you get a good night’s sleep. Initially introduced in Android as a Digital Wellbeing feature, Samsung has since replaced it with its Modes system. However, non-Samsung Android users can still benefit from this feature as it is a standard OS feature. Here’s everything you need to know about Bedtime mode and how to use it for better sleep.
What is Android Bedtime Mode?
Bedtime mode, also known as Sleep mode, is a Digital Wellbeing feature that allows you to restrict device activities when you need a break from your smartphone. With Bedtime mode, you can set your sleep and wake-up times and repeat alarms every day. Additionally, you can enable Do Not Disturb (DND) mode, which blocks calls, messages, and notifications. However, you can disable DND if you want certain contacts or apps to reach you.
Moreover, Bedtime mode features settings like Greyscale and Dark modes for creating a quiet, dark environment that helps you sleep better. If you upgrade to Android 13 OS, Bedtime mode is now available in the Modes and Routines menu.
How to Enable Bedtime Mode on Android
The following steps will help you set up Bedtime mode on your Android device:
- Open Settings.
- Scroll up and tap Digital Wellbeing & Parental controls.
- Tap Bedtime mode.
- Go to Bedtime routine > Use a schedule.
- Choose a start and end time, and select the days you want Bedtime mode to turn on automatically.
- Tap Customize to view more options.
- Disable DND mode if you don’t want it.
- Tap Turn on now to activate Bedtime mode.
Using Bedtime Mode in Samsung Clock App
Here’s how to create a sleep schedule using the Samsung Clock App:
- Open the Clock app.
- Tap the three-dots icon.
- Select Set Sleep mode schedule.
- Create a sleep schedule.
- Use the checkboxes to turn on or off features like DND mode, Eye comfort shield, Sound mode and volume, and Power saving. Tap Done.
- Tap Turn on to activate Bedtime mode.
Make a Bedtime Routine with Google Assistant
If you want to automate your bedtime routine, Google Assistant can help you:
- Press the Home button in the navigation bar or say “Hey, Google” to open Assistant.
- Swipe up to expand Assistant.
- Tap your profile icon.
- Select Routines.
- Under Your Routines, select Bedtime.
- Select a starter and add actions to automate your bedtime routine.
Improve Your Sleep Pattern with App Timers and Routines
If you spend too much time on your smartphone, you can use Digital Wellbeing’s app timers and routines to break your habit. You can set up goals, driving monitors, and parental controls with the tool as well.
Now that you know how to use Bedtime mode and other helpful features, you can enjoy a good night’s sleep without any smartphone distractions.
A Video to Help You Sleep Better
Watch this AndroidPolice video to learn more about using Bedtime mode to sleep better: