An appointment calendar in Google Calendar
Managing a busy schedule can be made easier by using an appointment calendar. Google Calendar provides three ways of doing this:
- Appointment schedules
- Appointment slots
- Shared calendars
Some of these features require a work, school, or individual Google Workspace account. However, it is possible to set up a separate calendar for appointments with a Google personal account.
Creating an appointment calendar with a personal Google account
Although it is not as easy to set up as a Workspace account, a personal Google account can still be used for appointment scheduling. Here’s how:
- Open Google Calendar in a browser.
- Move to the left sidebar and scroll down until you see Other Calendars, then click the plus sign to the right.
- In the menu, choose Create new calendar.
- Name this new calendar “Appointments” or any name you’d like.
Making your appointment calendar public
By default, only you can see new calendars. To make your appointment calendar public:
- Find your Appointment calendar in the left sidebar and select Settings and sharing from the options menu.
- Under the Auto-accept invitations heading, choose to avoid conflicting meetings or accept them all automatically.
- Check the box beside Make available to public if you’d like anyone to be able to add events to your schedule.
- If you made your appointment calendar public, choose the amount of access others can have from the menu to the right.
- Click Get shareable link to send a link to your friends, family, co-workers, or customers so that they can view your appointment calendar.
Sharing your appointment calendar
If your appointment calendar is private, you must share it with anyone you want to have access to it. To allow others to add an appointment to your calendar:
- Add their email address to the Share with specific people section by clicking the Add people and groups button.
- You can restrict access so that only your availability is seen or allow viewing all event details.
- Choose Make changes to events or Make changes and manage sharing to add an appointment.
- Click the Send button to share a link to your appointment calendar
Setting up a Google Workspace appointment schedule
Google Workspace appointment schedules provide more control and customization than a personal account or appointment slots. Here’s how to create a new appointment schedule:
- Click the Create button and choose Appointment schedule.
- Enter a title that will apply to all appointments in this schedule.
- Enter a duration for each appointment.
- Choose the start and end times you will be available for each day.
- Click the Next button.
- Select scheduling window and booked appointment settings.
- Create your booking page.
- Share your Google Calendar booking page.
Using appointment slots
Appointment slots are accessible to every type of Google Workspace account, but not to personal accounts. Here’s how to set them up:
- Disable appointment schedules.
- Create appointment time blocks.
Now you can mark the times when you will be available, add others involved in the meeting, and send invitations to contacts who need to book an appointment.