Gift cards and product codes are easy to misplace or lose, which can be expensive when it comes to buying games. Thankfully, with the updated Steam app, redeeming codes and keys to your Steam account on your Android device only takes minutes. Below is a guide on how to add your Steam gift cards, Wallet codes, and Steam keys to your account using your mobile device.
How to download and install the Steam app
When logging into your Steam account on the Android app, you may need to bypass the Steam Guard. This layer of security prompts you to enter a code or use two-factor authentication every time you log in on an unrecognized device in a different location. Below is how to download and install the Steam app:
- Navigate to the Google Play Store.
- Enter “Steam” in the search bar or grab the widget below.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed the app, tap Open to launch the app.
How to redeem Steam codes and keys on your mobile device
Redeeming purchased or gifted Steam codes and keys on the go is convenient with the revamped Steam app’s improved UI. Below is how to redeem codes and keys using the Steam app:
Redeem Steam Wallet codes on the Steam app
To redeem Steam Wallet codes using the Steam app:
- Ensure you have the latest version of the Steam app installed. If not, tap Update.
- Tap on Wallet, then Redeem a Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code at the top of the app.
- Enter your Wallet code in the box, and tap Continue to add the amount to your funds.
How to redeem Steam keys on mobile
Unfortunately, Steam keys cannot be redeemed directly through the new Steam mobile app. However, redeeming them using a mobile web browser is still possible. Below is how to do that:
- Go to the Steam key register page on your mobile web browser and log into your account, if necessary.
- Enter the key in the Product Code box, tick the TOS box, and tap Continue to activate your key. Your product key will be available for download in your Steam library.
Reviewing your product activations and licenses on the Steam mobile app
After redeeming Steam keys using the mobile app, you can review your newly activated products and purchased licenses. Below is how to do that:
- Tap on your profile picture icon on the Steam app.
- Tap on Account Details.
- Scroll down to View licenses and product key activations to review your product activations by title and date.
How to purchase digital gift cards and funds in the Steam app
You can buy digital gift cards within the Steam app to avoid the risk of losing physical cards. Below is how to do that:
- Tap on Wallet on the Steam app.
- Tap on Redeem a Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code at the top of the app.
- Scroll down to Purchase Digital Gift Cards and select any Gift Card amount. Choose a friend, review your purchase, and confirm your order. Your friend will receive the digital steam gift card automatically.
How to add funds to your Steam wallet
Adding funds to your wallet is an excellent way to manage your spending on digital goods and avoid losing redeemable codes and keys. Below is how to add funds to your wallet using the Steam app:
- Tap on Wallet on the Steam app.
- Select a fund level, tap Add funds, choose a payment method and tap Continue.
- Review your order and confirm to add funds to your wallet automatically.
How to download games remotely using the Steam app
You can remotely download games to your PC from your Android device using the Steam app. Ensure that the Steam app is registered with your PC before proceeding. Below is how to download games remotely:
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon on the Steam app.
- Tap on Library, then select a game registered in your library.
- Ensure that you are signed in to your Steam desktop app and tap on Remote Download, then Download.
Easily redeem your Steam codes while on the go
The Steam app is a handy intermediary between your PC and Steam Deck, making redeeming codes and keys and downloading games convenient from your mobile device. Valve continues to roll out updates to improve the user experience, and with the growing mobile market, there is no shortage of titles to play. Some fantastic Android games are also playable on PC!